The Kalyani Pack
Welcome to The Kalyani Pack! Please feel free to look around and join if you like <3
The Kalyani Pack
Welcome to The Kalyani Pack! Please feel free to look around and join if you like <3
The Kalyani Pack
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Kalyani Pack is a wolf pack located Yellow Stone National Park.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Rival Pack Members
~The Owl and the Wolf~ Part 2 EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 9:03 pm by Lucifer

» Game Throne S03 E06
~The Owl and the Wolf~ Part 2 EmptyFri May 31, 2013 11:28 pm by Rose

» Lucifer Has Made Another Pack
~The Owl and the Wolf~ Part 2 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 8:43 pm by Rose

» Yum or Yuck?
~The Owl and the Wolf~ Part 2 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 9:42 pm by Rose

» New WQ Topic?
~The Owl and the Wolf~ Part 2 EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 6:54 pm by Sunfur

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

~The Owl and the Wolf~ Part 2

Go down 
5 posters

What do you think of my story (including the first part)?
OMG BEST STORY EVER!!!
~The Owl and the Wolf~ Part 2 I_vote_lcap100%~The Owl and the Wolf~ Part 2 I_vote_rcap
 100% [ 4 ]
Pretty good
~The Owl and the Wolf~ Part 2 I_vote_lcap0%~The Owl and the Wolf~ Part 2 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
I dunno what to think
~The Owl and the Wolf~ Part 2 I_vote_lcap0%~The Owl and the Wolf~ Part 2 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Terrible D:
 0% [ 0 ]
I haven't read either parts
 0% [ 0 ]
Haven't read this or the other part
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

AuthorMessage
Rose
Admin
Rose

Character sheet
Name:: Rose

~The Owl and the Wolf~ Part 2 Empty
PostSubject: ~The Owl and the Wolf~ Part 2   ~The Owl and the Wolf~ Part 2 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 8:31 pm

Story continued from: https://kalyanipack.rpg-board.net/t144-the-owl-and-the-wolf-part-1#4953

Once again I hope you like my story(and give me plenty of feedback and comments)! Enjoy! ^^

Meanwhile, Dawn was just getting up. She watched as Lapis ran away and took flight after her. She flew above a flame and landed on a branch. She watched as it grew bigger and bigger, taller and taller, and unstoppable. "Oh crap..." She flew above the trees looking for her yearling. "Lapis, Lapis!" But she didn't hear and answer and she didn't see her either. She flew high above the sky as the fire burned the land. Even from that elevation she could still clearly hear the cries and shrieks of the animals and insects below her. A tear rolled down her face as she continued to watch the deaths of the animals in the fire. She flew above the burning land and soon enough the sun went down. But it didn't get dark or cold. The fire kept the land bright and warm all the way till dawn. When the sun finally broke into the sky it brought a heavy rain cloud with it. It rained hard for hours and the flame across the land grew smaller until it was nothing but a memory. Dawn swept to the ground and glided just above the earth. The land was grey and burned and nothing survived the fire. She flew above the land for miles still with hope that Lapis was still alive. The sun went down and the stars sparkled the sky. She looked up at the night sky and looked at the full moon. She just stared at it until she heard a tiny howl. Lightning struck her heart and flew towards the howl faster than she ever flew before.
The coyote called Kiwi had just finished her howl and she just happened to notice a great horned owl land in front of her. Kiwi was on the edge of a cliff, not the very edge, or else she would've tripped and fell to her death to the black land below her. She looked at the owl. "Great... an owl. Just very perfect. Just gonna take all my food..." Dawn landed on a cliff and saw nothing but a coyote and a few dead rabbits. "Look, coyote. I'm not going to kill you nor take your food. Where's Lapis? I heard her howl coming from here she has to be here." The coyote rolled her eyes. "There is no 'Lapis' here. It's only me. And by the way, coyotes can howl." If owls could growl, Dawn would growl right now. "Yes, I now that, smart one. I heard a wolf howl; not you, coyote." She looked behind and around the coyote, still looking for the yearling.
"You have no idea who I am, do you?"
"Why should I care, coyote?"
"My name's Kiwi. I'm the famous coyote who can howl as beautifully as the average wolf. That's why you heard a wolf yet only see me. That's why you should know, owl."
"Kiwi? Ugh whatever... did you see a brown she-wolf come running through here?"
Kiwi smirked at the owl. "Yeah I did. She tried to kill me and she ate one of my rabbits. The next second she was gone." The coyote turned around and began to walk away. She stopped and looked back at Dawn. "I don't think you'll catch up to her. She's a living bullet." The coyote looked in front of her and walked away slowly.
"Yeah that wolf is my daughter; Her name's Lapis. Which way did she go?" The owl walked a couple steps towards to coyote as she walked away. Kiwi looked back at the great horned owl. "Are you serious? I don't have time for this." Her ears flickered and snarled, "Smell her out, genious!"
Dawn quickly flew to Kiwi and snatched her with her talons and flew over the cliff. The coyote looked down and saw death below her and held still so the owl could hold on to her. "Look coyote," Dawn said. "Owls can't smell a thing, so I can't smell her out. Just tell me which way she ran." The owl flew up higher. "The reward is your life." Kiwi looked down and gulped. "Ok, ok! I'll tell you! Just let me down first!" Dawn flew back to the top of the cliff and let go of the coyote. She was badly ingured, and Dawn didn't know that the coyote was a trickster. Kiwi ran away as fast as she could, leaving a trail of blood behind her. She ran only hoping one thing: "Kill me, kill me!"
The great horned owl watched as the coyote ran away in pain. "I don't have time for this..." She flew high up and continued to soar while looking for her beloved Lapis. She had only been flying for a few seconds before she heard a yelp. She flew towards the sound and saw what she has been looking for: Lapis. Dawn's heart filled with joy as she finally saw her wolf daughter; she froze when she saw what Lapis was doing. Lapis had just killed the coyote known as Kiwi by ripping off her head. Dawn watched as Lapis was eating the coyote while ripping out its guts and throwing them with her head until she looked up and saw the owl. "Oh. Its you. I thought you burned in the forest fire like the rest of the animals." The owl looked at the yearling and remembered when she was just a pup. She had gone from helpless, scared and innocent to rude, mean, and a blood-thirsty murderer. "Look Lapis, you're turning into a monster. You've gotta stop and let me take control of you." Lapis raised her tail and circled around the owl and watched it like prey. "Uh, I don't think so. What are you trying to make me stop doing? Eating? I can eat. That's how we all survive isn't it?" She bore her fangs and foam started drooling out of her mouth. Her fangs were long, sharp, and very bloody. She could easily rip the owl to shreads if she wanted to. Lapis raised her hackles and brought out her talon-like claws. These can easily rip Dawn's flesh out of her body, too. Dawn raised her wings just in case Lapis attacked and she could get away quickly. "No it's not that you're eating. It's the way you're eating and killing your prey. Look at your meal. You ripped its head off and you're spreading its guts everywhere. Look at what you've done."
For a second Lapis looked at the dead coyote and back at the owl. "What am I supposed to be looking at, owl?"
"Don't you see that your doing's to the coyote are horrible?"
"Ha! If you don't get out of here right now the doing's to you will be many times worse..." She stopped walking around the great horned owl and stood facing her in a pouncing position. Her ears were back and she showed her fangs. She dragged her claws along the ground, ready to attack. Dawn lost hope with her. "She's a goner... she'll be like this forever and there's nothing I can do..." She took flight and something stopped her from flying away. "NO! I'm never letting her go! I have an idea..." She turned around and looked at Lapis straight into her eyes. "You wanna kill me, huh? Come and get me!" She flew straight up as fast as she can. Lapis jumped at her and was just about to bite her but Dawn flew backwards and hit the wolf on the back on her head with her wing. There was enough force that she became knocked out and fell to the ground. The owl glided to the ground and waited for Lapis to wake up.
In Lapis's sleep she dreamed about her past and what exactly happened when she was a pup. Something happened in her dream that when she wakes up she won't hate wolves and wolf packs, she'll love all owls again, she won't hate hawks as much, she won't kill and eat prey like a murderer, and she'll be a fun loving she-wolf that will live and think like a normal wolf.
The sun had just barely risen when Lapis opened her eyes. Her eyes were their natural color: maroon, not a blood-red like they were over the past day. She yawned, stood up, and stretched. "Mornin' Dawn. Did you sleep well?" The owl felt so much relief. "Yes, my daughter's perfect again!" She smiled at the yearling. "Good morning. But I didn't sleep at all.
Lapis tilted her head. "Why didn't you sleep?"
"Because of you."
"Me?!"
"I love you so much I can't let you out of my sight."
Lapis smiled and licked her owl mother. "I love you too, Mom." The owl and the wolf smiled at each other and went and got something to eat. Lapis easily brought down an elk that survived the fire. Dawn was telling Lapis what had happened over the night and such a monster the wolf was and how the great horned owl saved Lapis from being a murderer. They were eating and than a snowy old landed before them and looked at Dawn. "We, the owls, need you to fight with us in the war against the hawks. It's starting at sundown." Dawn and Lapis looked at each other and looked back at the snowly owl. It's like they could chat by just looking at each other. "Yes, of course I will. But on one condition."
The other owl tilted its head. "Why would you dare only fight with us for a reward?"
Dawn looked at the wolf and back at the snowy owl. "I'm not asking for a reward. My wolf friend here, Lapis, would like to fight along with us." The snowy owl looked at Lapis. "Is this true?" Lapis dipped her head in respect and put her head back up. "It would be an honor to stand and fight alongside the species that saved my life, multiple times."
The snowy old smiled at Lapis. "Of course you can. I'm one of the generals. My name's Hershey. And you know that it would be hard for you to kill the hawks because they fly, right?"
"Trust me, I've had lots of training."
Hershey nodded at Lapis and Dawn. "It will be a while before we get there and we have to get there fast. Can you carry the wolf?"
Dawn nodded back. "Yes I can, and I will. I've carried her many times when she was a pup."
Hershey nodded slightly. "I and the other owls are very appreciated that you two are fighting with us. We shall go now." The snowy owl turned around and started flying away. Dawn gently grabbed Lapis with her talons and flew next to Hershey to the war ground.
They sun was just about to fall under the horizon when the two owls and the wolf arrived at the war grounds. Everyone looked at them when they landed. Hershey spoke first. "The great horned owl is Dawn. The she-wolf is Lapis. She will be fighting alongside with us." All the owls crowded around Lapis, Dawn and Hershey. No one could believe that they were meeting Dawn, which was confusing to the yearling. But Lapis listened to what the other owl's were saying. It turns out that Dawn was a famous warrior and was their lead general. Dawn had fought in many wars and she had always been unstoppable and was the leader of a couple wars.
And just like that, the war between the owls and the hawks began. Many owls and hawks were dropping to the ground at first. Many of the hawks were being killed by Dawn, Hershey and Lapis was jumping around in the sky like crazy while killing the enemy. Lapis always kept an eye on her dear mother, and was watching her fight against three hawks at once. Lapis had to get her eyes off the great horned owl because a hawk suddenly attacked her. The yearling quickly killed the hawk but when she got her eyes back on Dawn and the hawks, one of the hawks slashed her with its talons. Dawn's eyes closed as she fell to the ground. She landed with a loud 'thump' and anger hit the wolf. She sprang up to the hawks. One paw slashed one hawk, her other paw slashed another hawk, and she bit the heart of the hawk that killed her beloved Dawn. Killing all three hawks, Lapis instantly forgot about them and jumped from branch to branch until she was on the ground again. She walked up to Dawn and tears completely filled her eyes. "Dawn! My mother, wake up! Don't leave me now!" Thankfully Dawn's eyes opened slightly but she still laid on the ground. "Lapis, my girl. You are a good wolf, don't you ever forget that. Goodbye, my angel." And with that her eyes closed and they never opened again. The tears that flooded the wolf's eyes finally escaped. She cried and cried as she looked at the motionless body of her favorite owl. She looked up at the moon and howled. She howled for a while and she howled so Dawn can hears her cries and so she can rest in peace.
So it turned out the the last three hawks Lapis killed were the last three in the hawk's army. So the owls won the war over the land and they don't ever have to worry about being attacked or their chicks eaten by the hawks. The owls that survived and the wolf went to a funeral to honor the lives of all their dead troops and, of course, Dawn. Everyone cried. Hershey flew over the the wolf and put his wing on her shoulder. "I'm so sorry, Lapis. She was a great owl and I'm sure she was an amazing mother. There's something she wanted me to tell you. It's that her final wish is for you to join a pack and howl to tell her that you're living the life of a normal wolf and she'll finally rest in peace. Her name will be remembered forever. Dawn Lazuli, she must have been named by an angel." Lapis looked into the grey eyes of Hershey with hers. She nodded and put her head up. "I'll do that only for her. I shall go now."
So Lapis Lazuli traveled far and wide until she came to the borders of a pack territory and found the pack and their leader.
"I would like to join your pack, in honor of the famous great horned owl, Dawn Lazuli."
"Why would you like to honor her by joining us?"
"Because she was my mother and her final wish was for me to join you."
"Na I'm just kidding. Of course you can join my pack. What's your name, traveler?"
"Call me Lapis Lazuli."
And so on that night, the night of the full moon, Lapis and her new pack howled in a choir together in honor of the great horned owl, Dawn Lazuli.

So... what do you think?
Back to top Go down
http://tspreborn.forumotion.com
randadawn

randadawn

Character sheet
Name:: Dawn

PostSubject: Re: ~The Owl and the Wolf~ Part 2   ~The Owl and the Wolf~ Part 2 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 10:13 pm

Sad This part of the story is very sad... but its also epic! Very Happy Great book Rose!
Back to top Go down
Rose
Admin
Rose

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ~The Owl and the Wolf~ Part 2   ~The Owl and the Wolf~ Part 2 EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 10:15 pm

Thank you so much! ^^ And I know... it's sad :C
Back to top Go down
Sunfur

Sunfur

Character sheet
Name:: Sunfur

PostSubject: Re: ~The Owl and the Wolf~ Part 2   ~The Owl and the Wolf~ Part 2 EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 4:23 pm

Yeah, it was a bit sad, but I still really enjoyed the story. Great job, Rose!
Back to top Go down
Rose
Admin
Rose

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ~The Owl and the Wolf~ Part 2   ~The Owl and the Wolf~ Part 2 EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 8:42 pm

Thanks Sunfur! ^^
Back to top Go down
Blueberry

Blueberry

Character sheet
Name:: Blueberry

PostSubject: Re: ~The Owl and the Wolf~ Part 2   ~The Owl and the Wolf~ Part 2 EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 9:59 pm

Awesome Rose!
Back to top Go down
Rose
Admin
Rose

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ~The Owl and the Wolf~ Part 2   ~The Owl and the Wolf~ Part 2 EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 10:59 pm

Thanks! ^^
Back to top Go down
Kisa

Kisa

Character sheet
Name:: Yuki/Kisa

PostSubject: Re: ~The Owl and the Wolf~ Part 2   ~The Owl and the Wolf~ Part 2 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 8:46 am

Lapis Lazuli, that's a blue stone that makes blue paint, right?
Back to top Go down
Sunfur

Sunfur

Character sheet
Name:: Sunfur

PostSubject: Re: ~The Owl and the Wolf~ Part 2   ~The Owl and the Wolf~ Part 2 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 4:52 pm

Lapis Lazuli reminds me of...Minecraft!
Back to top Go down
Kisa

Kisa

Character sheet
Name:: Yuki/Kisa

PostSubject: Re: ~The Owl and the Wolf~ Part 2   ~The Owl and the Wolf~ Part 2 EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 2:16 am

Yeah! Minecraft! XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ~The Owl and the Wolf~ Part 2   ~The Owl and the Wolf~ Part 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

~The Owl and the Wolf~ Part 2
Page 1 of 1