The Kalyani Pack
Welcome to The Kalyani Pack! Please feel free to look around and join if you like <3
The Kalyani Pack
Welcome to The Kalyani Pack! Please feel free to look around and join if you like <3
The Kalyani Pack
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Kalyani Pack is a wolf pack located Yellow Stone National Park.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Rival Pack Members
~The Owl and the Wolf~ Part 1 EmptySun Jul 14, 2013 9:03 pm by Lucifer

» Game Throne S03 E06
~The Owl and the Wolf~ Part 1 EmptyFri May 31, 2013 11:28 pm by Rose

» Lucifer Has Made Another Pack
~The Owl and the Wolf~ Part 1 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 8:43 pm by Rose

» Yum or Yuck?
~The Owl and the Wolf~ Part 1 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 9:42 pm by Rose

» New WQ Topic?
~The Owl and the Wolf~ Part 1 EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 6:54 pm by Sunfur

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

~The Owl and the Wolf~ Part 1

Go down 
4 posters

How much do you like my story?
OMG LOVE IT!!!
~The Owl and the Wolf~ Part 1 I_vote_lcap67%~The Owl and the Wolf~ Part 1 I_vote_rcap
 67% [ 4 ]
It's really good... so far...
~The Owl and the Wolf~ Part 1 I_vote_lcap0%~The Owl and the Wolf~ Part 1 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Eh it's ok
~The Owl and the Wolf~ Part 1 I_vote_lcap0%~The Owl and the Wolf~ Part 1 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
I hate it D:
 0% [ 0 ]
I haven't read it yet
 0% [ 0 ]
SO MANY WORDS!!!
 0% [ 0 ]
I haven't found the time to read it
 0% [ 0 ]
I don't care
 0% [ 0 ]
Post the second part ;D
~The Owl and the Wolf~ Part 1 I_vote_lcap33%~The Owl and the Wolf~ Part 1 I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 2 ]
Don't post the second part D:
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6

AuthorMessage
Rose
Admin
Rose

Character sheet
Name:: Rose

~The Owl and the Wolf~ Part 1 Empty
PostSubject: ~The Owl and the Wolf~ Part 1   ~The Owl and the Wolf~ Part 1 EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 9:33 pm

I wrote this story a few months ago, and it was so long that I needed to divide it into two parts. So this is the first part, and if you have any feedback feel free to post it below. Enjoy! ^^

There once was a wolf pack called the Changing Winds Pack. They lived in an area on the outsides of Yellow Stone National Park. Their territory was on the inside of a huge oxbow lake that they called Ilarkka. The lake was very, very, very big. Almost twenty miles in diameter. It was all forest and many herds of prey lived there. The ice was melting, the birds were singing, and the flowers were blossoming. That means spring, and spring to the pack meant a litter of newborn pups. There were three pups: two males, Blaze and Blue, and one female named Weisen. Blaze was a tan wolf, almost like the color of the flame. His eyes were a burning yellow. Blue was so grey some say he was blue. His eyes were the color of the swamp water. And Weisen was a mixture of earthly colors and white. Her eyes were a blend of brown, red, and purple; almost a maroon color.
But, unluckily for the pups, the pack was irresponsible. When Weisen was still a pup, she wandered off. Its like the pack wanted her killed. She had wandered off for miles than she found the edge of the territory; she found the river. Weisen whined when she touched the water and instantly she was out. Her pack didn't find her, she didn't find her way out of the water, she was snatched by a hawk. She yelped and yelped but there was no way she was going to be saved; she knew that's how the world works.
After hours and hours of destructive pain, the unbelievable happened. Weisen was saved when a great horned owl attacked the hawk's wing and ripped it out of its socket. The hawk dropped Weisen in the sky and bombed to the ground. In the air the owl carefully grabbed the wolf pup and carried her away. They had been flying around until the owl finally landed in its nest and put Weisen in there. Weisen whined and whined for help for she didn't know the great horned owl was trying to help her survive. The owl stared into the eyes of the wolf pup.
"You poor, poor thing. That pack just let their young wander off to get snatched by that same hawk every time..." She stroked the pup gently with her wing. "I'll raise you, little one. I shall call you Lapis Lazuli, the last name from my family. We are the last of the Lazuli's." Her voice turned into a whisper. "I won't be with you for long, for which is why I'll raise you until I'm needed for the war against the hawks."
The owl looked at the wolf pup's wounds in its lower back from the talons of the hawk. She stirred something up and gave it to Lazuli. The pup took a few sniffs and drank it. The owl smiled and promised herself that she raise the wolf pup as her own.
A few months later, Lapis was at a yearling age. She was still in the nest and always looked beyond at the horizon. She always looked into the eyes of the great horned owl, known as Dawn. "When will you teach me how to fly? I always see you enjoy your time in the sky."
"I am an owl, you are a wolf. I can fly, you can't."
"You told me that every species should be raised by its own kind. Why am I here with you? Shouldn't I live with... wolves?"
"Wolves live together in groups called packs. You were born in a pack known as the Changing Winds Pack. They are very irresponsible. They let you wander off when you were a pup, where you were snatched by a hawk. I attacked that hawk and saved you. That's how you ended up in my nest."
A wave of evil swept through Lapis. Now she knew that she was only loved by Dawn. She hated her own species and she wished to wipe out her pack, and all the packs along with it. She was only going to be friendly to owls, and she were to kill all wolves and wolf packs. But she is happy that she wandered off or else she would've never have met Dawn, and she never have lived in the safety of the nest. She looked out to the horizon, and Dawn suddenly got her attention.
"You will not be living with me forever. I will have to be leaving soon, but I will train you how to survive and become not killable. I will teach you how to run faster than the fastest wolf, climb farther than the squirrel, have more muscle than the grizzly, and jump farther than the antelope. You will be unstoppable with anything you do." Lapis narrowed her eyes and smiled a somewhat evil smile at the thought as she listened to the owl. "Yes, I won't have any problem with murdering all the wolves without getting the slightest wound," she thought. She wagged her tail and smiled joyfully. "Yay, we should start soon... like right now!" She pranced around the nest even though she really couldn't walk around.
The great horned owl smiled as she watched the yearling prance around the nest joyfully. "Alright then. First lesson: get to the ground without me. "And with that she flew to the ground and landed on a low tree branch.
Lapis froze when the owl spoke. She held her breath and blinked. When she opened her eyes, the owl was gone. She let go of the breath she didn't know she was holding and looked around the nest for the beloved Dawn. She looked to the ground and saw the owl. Lapis looked into the golden eyes of Dawn and nodded. "She knows there's only one other way down... and that's to jump. I'm not dying today!" She leaped out of the nest with all her force and fell to the ground. She landed on the pads of her paws and barely felt a thing. She looked at her paws to make sure she wasn't dead and looked at the great horned owl. "I did it! I fell yet didn't die!" She wagged her tail and smiled at the owl. Dawn returned the smile to the yearling and spoke. "Why yes you did, my beloved Lapis. It shouldn't be long until you're fully trained. This will be easier than I thought it would be." Dawn knew exactly how to raise and train a wolf. She was one of those rare groups of owls who watched wolf packs and studied them. Dawn knew everything there is to know about her wolf, Lapis. She knew what wolves eat, not some rodents like she did. She knew that wolves don't throw up owl pellets and that with Lapis it's called scat and that it comes out the other end. Dawn knew everything about wolves, even more than the wolves themselves. Wolves didn't know as much about themselves as much as Dawn. "I know this will be actually fun for you and me; this won't be so hard after all." The great horned owl took flight a few feet above the branch she was just on. "Know get up to the nest." She flew to the nest and waited for Lapis to come. Dawn figured that Lapis would have no clue of what to do so she yelled out to the yearling from the nest, "Take out your claws! And that's a hint of how to do this!"
Lapis gulped and listened to what Dawn said. "Maybe if I take out my claws and sharpen them I can stick the into the tree trunk as I climb." So Lapis trotted over to a nearby boulder and started to drag her claws across the rock. It didn't take long before her claws were sharper than Dawn's talons. Lapis walked over to the tree and started to climb vertically to the nest.
Dawn was waiting at the top until she finally saw Lapis slowly crawl into the nest. "Good job, Lapis. Now you'll..." The owl just happened to notice a hawk flying overhead. Not just any hawk, the hawk that attacked and almost killed the yearling when she was just a pup. The owl grew very confused. "I thought I killed that thing when I ripped its wing out and it dropped to the ground... that hawk sure is crafty..." She looked back at Lapis. "Ok, see that bird overhead? I want you to jump at it and attack or kill it. If you injure it, great. If you kill it... well I guess you're done with training."
Lapis looked at the bird overhead. "But we just started training... oh well. If it means I don't need training, then I won't need it." Lapis quickly sprang into the air, her claws sinking just below its wings and her fangs ripping at its neck. The hawk instantly fell to the ground with Lapis with it. The yearling reacted fast and jumped to the nearest tree branch. As the hawk fell she was quickly jumping from branch to branch, tree to tree. She even made it to the ground before the hawk. When the hawk landed on its back Lapis tackled it and stood on top of it so it couldn't get away if it tried. Lapis looked back at the treetops and saw Dawn glide down towards them. She landed next to her and looked at the hawk. "Excellent job Lapis! Remember when I told you that you were snatched by a hawk when you were just a pup? Well this is that hawk. I'm not sure how he survived that attack though..."
Lapis looked into the eyes of the dying hawk and growled. "So it was you, huh? You murderer. What is your name? And who do you think you are attacking me when I was helpless and innocent? Now I'm going to kill you, here and now!" But before Lapis could deliver the final killing blow the hawk spoke. "Look, wolf. It's just how the world works. It doesn't always go your way! The name's Red, but why does that matter anymore? I'm going to die anyways." The hawk looked at the owl. "And you, you pathetic owl, the hawks are going to kill you all! We will win the war! You enjoy yourself now cause' you'll face your death in the most horrible way imaginable! You'll suffer the greatest pain and you'll suffer forever till you die! You owls will die just like the condors died! In your worst nightmares!"
A wave of anger swept through Lapis as her eyes glowed and grew to an evil blood red. "NO YOU AND THE HAWKS WILL DIE!!! AND YOU'LL DIE NOW!!!!" And with that Lapis tore open the hawk's face and threw his flesh everywhere.
Dawn's eyes grew wide. "Lapis! Stop! Stop!" Lapis looked up and into the eyes of the owl with blood and guts all over her face and muzzle. "What? He said he wanted to kill you all!"
"That's because a big war is coming... between the owls and the hawks. Of course the hawks want to kill us owls and we owls want to kill them! And look at your face! You're becoming a blood-thirsty murderer! This is not how I raised you!" Lapis narrowed her eyes. "Yeah I know. I'll never hurt you or the other owls. I'll fight in the war against the hawks! I hate hawks and all wolves!" Dawn's eyes flooded with tears. "You shouldn't hate your own species! I'm happy that you want in the war with us. But..."
Lapis tilted her head. "But what?" The great horned owl sighed. "I shouldn't tell you this but this is for your own good..." She looked straight into the eyes of the wolf. "Look, if I was never born and another owl saw you be snatched up by that hawk... well... of course they would've attacked the hawk but they would've killed you. All the other owls will do anything to get food... so I'm saying that if another owl found you they would've eaten you right then and there... I'm so sorry."
Lapis's eyes became red again and tackled Dawn. She raised her paw to swipe her in her face and kill her but something stopped her. Tears flooded her eyes and she got off of Dawn and ran away, tears starting to fall down her face. "I can't believe you. I thought you were my friend... and other owl's too." She ran through the trees with nothing stopping her. She was running so fast that the dry grasses under her paws caught on fire. Lapis didn't know though. She jumped into the trees and jumped from tree to tree.
Meanwhile, Dawn was just getting up. She watched as Lapis ran away and took flight after her. She flew above a flame and landed on a branch. She watched as it grew bigger and bigger, taller and taller, and unstoppable. "Oh crap..."

To be continued...
Back to top Go down
http://tspreborn.forumotion.com
Blueberry

Blueberry

Character sheet
Name:: Blueberry

PostSubject: Re: ~The Owl and the Wolf~ Part 1   ~The Owl and the Wolf~ Part 1 EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 8:06 pm

It's really good Rose! ^^ Post the second part!
Back to top Go down
Rose
Admin
Rose

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ~The Owl and the Wolf~ Part 1   ~The Owl and the Wolf~ Part 1 EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 8:10 pm

Haha thanks! I will but I need to edit it lol
Back to top Go down
randadawn

randadawn

Character sheet
Name:: Dawn

PostSubject: Re: ~The Owl and the Wolf~ Part 1   ~The Owl and the Wolf~ Part 1 EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 9:30 pm

That was awesome Rose! Can't wait to read the second part! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sunfur

Sunfur

Character sheet
Name:: Sunfur

PostSubject: Re: ~The Owl and the Wolf~ Part 1   ~The Owl and the Wolf~ Part 1 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 6:05 pm

I loved it!! Post the second part or else lol!
Back to top Go down
Rose
Admin
Rose

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: ~The Owl and the Wolf~ Part 1   ~The Owl and the Wolf~ Part 1 EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 10:56 pm

Lol ok now I have to find it in the list of 100 documents... :c
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ~The Owl and the Wolf~ Part 1   ~The Owl and the Wolf~ Part 1 Empty

Back to top Go down

~The Owl and the Wolf~ Part 1
Page 1 of 1